Xiao Yao Jin locates on the northeast part of Hefei, now is a city park that covers an area of 200,000 square meters, the water area takes up one third of the total. Xiao Yao Jin Park consists of two parts – the Eastern Parkand the Western Park.
?The Eastern Park is a playground for teenagers and kids, equips different kinds of rides, a big square on the center and other recreation facilities like teahouse, small cruising boats, etc.
?The Western Park focuses on landscape plants and gardening. There are Plum Blossom Hill, Peony Garden, Azalea Garden and Potted Landscape Garden, etc. Varied rockeries, bridges and corridors, pavilions dot the landscape.
Xiao Yao Jin was once the battlefield in the period of Three Kingdoms. In Song Dynasty, it became the venue of Hefei, but in Ming Dynasty, the high-ranking official Dou’s seized its as own possession and renamed it as “Dou’s Pond”. With the time went by, Xiao Yao Jin was under new ownership time and again till 1949, it rebuilt by the Chinese government and open to public as a city park.