Established in 1958, Changchun University of Chinese Medicine, originally with the name of Changchun College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, is one of the key universities in Jilin province and the only institution of higher-learning for fostering international students engaged in Chinese Medicine. Approved by the State Ministry of Education, the university has begun enrolling international students since 1992.
The total area of the university is 547,000 square meters including construction area of 376,000 square meters. The main campus, located at Jingyue Economic Dvpt. Zone, adjoins JingYuetan National Forest Park.
The teaching organizations include Pre-clinical Medicine College, Chinese Pharmacology College, Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Massage College, Humanity and Administration College, Nursing School, International Education College, Clinical Medicine College, Graduate School and School of Continuing Education. The assistant teaching organizations include Library, Modern Technology Center, Research and Development Center, Ginseng Institute and etc.
Currently, the university has 1802 faculty and staff, including 141 professors, 324 associate professors, 6 tenured professors, 20 Ph.D advisors, 140 master’s degree advisors, 1 national “Norman Bethune Medalist”, 3 national excellent teachers, 33 professors honored with special subsidy by the State Council, 16 young specialists done important contributions for Jilin province and the country, 6 senior experts of Jilin province, 2 prestigious teacher, and 1 new century chief-professor.